The London Underground, or the Tube as it is commonly known, is the most ancient underground railway infrastructure worldwide. In 1863, the network was opened. eleven lines with 270 stations, and more than 400 kilometers of track which makes it the third-longest subway system in the world. London Underground London Underground carries over a billion annual passengers which is about 3 million daily. The stations with the deepest tracks are more than 60 meters beneath their level of the surface, however 55 percent of the tracks are over the surface.
In the early 1830s the London officials thought of connecting the central area in London with the vast train stations situated further away. In 1863, the inaugural underground train line, known as the Metropolitan Line, opened. The wooden carriages were powered by steam locomotives. The track system was gradually became more extensive. In the late 19th century, the majority of lines were powered by electric power to provide power to trains. In World War II numerous tube stations served as refuges from air attacks in which people looked for refuge from the German bombardment in the capital city.
Through the course of the dimensions of the tunnels has changed, to the point that now two trains of different types are operating across the city. Modern elevators take passengers to deep-level stations in the tubes. They are the Jubilee Line was the final line that was built. It was inaugurated in 1979 in celebration the celebration of queen Elizabeth’s 25th anniversary as monarch. In the late 1990s, the site was extended eastwards, to the Docklands.
It is believed that the London Underground normally operates every day from 5 a.m. until midnight. Certain lines are open through the night during occasions like special celebrations such as the New Year’s Day celebration. London Underground stations can get extremely crowded during daytime peak hours. Even although the network is vast, trains tend to operate at a regular schedules. Through the decades, underground station have also been upgraded. Over the last few years, several have become outfitted with Wi-Fi access to make travel as relaxing as they can be. The most well-known emblem for London Underground, London Underground, a red circle with blue bar was created at the start in the early 20th century. It hasn’t seen much change since then.
Many the London’s Underground stations are structures that are of special design significance. Many of the original stations are renovated and appear similar to what they were like 100 years back.
Despite the fact that the majority of people use the underground daily however, the security performance that the network has is excellent. The majority of deaths are suicides.
It is also important to note that the London Underground also faces environmental environmental issues. Since the level of water in the Thames is always rising and rising, thousands of cubic meters of water have to be taken out of some underground stations each day.
- Air-raid refuge is a place on the ground to go in the event of bombs being dropped by planes.
- however = when
- anniversary = the date at which something significant happened in a previous year.
- Architectural value is here: the stations are significant because of how they were constructed
- authorities means here: the individuals who run the city.
- bar = long line
- billion equals a thousand millions
- carriage is an train in which passengers are seated
- century equals a century
- decade is a term used to describe 10 years
- create = Create to be the first
- electricity is power that is transmitted by cables and is used to power machines.
- environment means everything around us
- provide = provide to give
- Escalator is a set of stairs which transport individuals to different levels within an building
- even although = when
- extend = to create bigger
- spread Spread out
- face= handle manage
- slowly = slowly
- however is not the case.
- in honor is to demonstrate that you are a fan of someone.
- hyperlink = connect
- located is to be located
- monarch means queen or king
- network = system
- is on the rise is when something happens or rises
- operate is the term used to describe how the system functions
- through the course of the history of means that time went on
- restore = return something the way it was in
- rush hour = is the time of day when people travel between and from work
- Safety record = represents the number of accidents that happen with the number of persons who use the Underground
- seek – – sought = search for
- special events is a term used to describe certain days of the calendar year
- steam = is the power created by heating water
- subway = underground
- suicide = means to commit suicide
- surface = is the topmost surface of an object
- track = is two lines of metal through which trains travel
- Wi-Fi = is a method of connecting to the internet by radio signals