If there is a country in the world with a story which is still present after 1000 years, that country is absolutely England and between all its nice cities actually it is London, the one that attracts more tourists from the world and for this specific reason, in the last five years it has been awarded ” The fate of the Year ” with the World Travel Awards.
London, capital of the United Kingdom and England was the center of world politics life for many centuries and it will be back with the development of the Olympic Games in 2012 which, together with historical monuments and the upcoming marriage of Prince who belongs to the English Crown, actually it will convert to London again in the most important tourist destination.
The most attractive tourist sites are too many so you can choose:
– The Buckingham Palace, where the Queen Isabel II lives, it actually is a historical building since 1837. On this palace it is developed the Changing of the Guard or Guard Mounting performed by the guards of the Queen.
– The Royal Albert Hall theater, it is a theater with a lot of history, since it was opened by Queen Victoria in 1871, here is where the Proms is developed, which is the most important festival of classical music and modern music concerts developed by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, between others.
– The National Art Gallery of London, it is an art museum dedicated to the collection of pictures located between the years 1250 to 1900 and its number can reach the 2300 painting in perfect shape.
– The Palace of Westminster, it is considered by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, it actually is the place where the English Parliament is located. The access to tourists is conceded only in the summer season, when parliament goes into recess.
The Westminster Abbey, it is famous for its towers. It was built in the seventh century. The design of the Abbey is in the form of cross remembering Jesus Christ. In the Abbey it is performed the coronation ceremony of the English kings since 1066 and also here are buried most of the English kings. Here is the chair of Saint Edward also known as the Royal Throne. Also here are buried many famous British people as Newton, Handel, Dickens, Kipling Livingstone, Laurence Olivier, Darqin, Shakespeare.
– The British Museum of London, it is the museum of antiquities of great importance in the world, actually it counts with more than 7 million objects.
– The Tower of London, it is known as the Royal Palace and Fortress of His Majesty, it was built in 1078 and after some time it was assigned to be used as a prison and torture and execution camp.
The access to London from Europe is pretty cheap if you use the low cost airlines (Ryan air, Easy jet and Vueling among others). For example if I wanted to buy a flight ticket from Madrid to London on January 10th, 2011, and assuming that it could be flexible on the date of my trip, the results in each of these companies would be:
• At Ryan air, the ticket would cost me 45.99 Euros on, but if I buy my ticket on January it will only cost me 20.99 Euros.
• In Easy jet, the cost of the flight ticket on would be 43.99 Euros and it would be even cheaper if purchased on January it would cost just 19.99 Euros.
• In Vueling there is no direct connection between the two cities. By the other hand, if I buy the ticket on British Airways on the same dates, it actually would cost me 158 Euros and in Iberia it would cost 183 Euros.
15 November 2019
26 February 2019
26 February 2019